Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Certified Salesforce Admin

Woohoo - this blog saved my employer $200 and pushed me to get certified! I entered a "blog or do trailhead for a free cert voucher" drawing, took the test without any special studying, and guessed well enough to pass! (We don't use Chatter, Communities, Cases, etc. so there was a LOT of guessing to do.) Fortunately, at least 1/3 of the questions were data-architecture type questions that made intuitive sense rather than requiring memorization. You'll want to have done some sort of formal studying being an admin (I took ADM201 when I started this job), but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. The voucher was the difference between waiting until I was "ready" and taking the test "just to see what was on it" (as a woman in a developer community encouraged), so yay.

2 comments:

  1. This post needs a comment. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    p.s. tried to read your two most recent posts. I'm not fancy enough to fully grasp them. BUT -- you being certified? Totally get that. Congrats, again. So, so, so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete